Why I Am Running for Re-Election to the Clear Creek ISD Board of Trustees
My wife Jayme and I chose to live in the Clear Lake area because of the Clear Creek Independent School District (CCISD). We are the parents of two students in CCISD: one at Brookwood Elementary, and one Westbrook Intermediate. We, like you, are committed to their learning; to modeling the importance of community involvement; and to setting a strong, positive foundation for our children’s future.
I am running for re-election to the school board to build on CCISD’s success and to serve 42,000 students and their parents. I am running to continue strengthening the board’s decision making and ensure CCISD remains a school district of choice.
To succeed we must:
Prepare all students to achieve at their highest level – college, workforce and life ready.
- Improve student learning and expand educational opportunities for all students.
- Support student programs that provide multiple paths to success.
- Protect low student-teacher ratios and minimize the number of exceptions requested by the district.
Continue CCISD’s fiscal responsibility and transparency.
- Advocate for legislation that keeps more of your taxpayer dollars in the district.
- Support long-range district facility planning that includes exploring the use of non-traditional facilities.
Attract, hire, train and retain the most capable and dedicated committed educators and administrators.
- Foster an environment where educators are supported and motivated to make CCISD the best district.
- Provide principals a blueprint for creating strong learning communities and support those implementing programs and initiatives at their schools for the first time.
- Reward schools that demonstrate measurable academic results.